Homeschooling Carnival

This week the Carnival of Homescooling is held at palmtreepundit.blogspot.com. There were several math-related posts (including mine), again! I so delighted in reading and realizing that homeschoolers are appreciating mathematics and treating it 'positively'.

This is so important, as I've stressed many times. Our attitudes towards math (or history!) influence our students. An enthusiastic teacher is a big part of learning to enjoy a subject.

I am sincerely looking forward to re-learning geography, for example, with my kids. Here's a pick from the carnival: seems like US youngsters do not know geography very well... I think it is a fascinating subject, to learn about all the variety in the ways people live on this globe, and the variety of landscapes and land formations, or how volcanos or earthquakes work. I hope you can tell that I enjoy learning!

Comments

Sprittibee said…
Thanks for the hat tip. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Conversion chart for measuring units

Geometric art project: seven-circle flower design

Meaning of factors in multiplication: four groups of 2, or 4 taken two times?