Contest - looking for math puzzles

I have another contest for you! This one has to do with MATH PUZZLES.

I want you to send in your favorite math puzzle (suitable for grades K-12)! If you found it on a website or in a book, please mention the source.

Or, if you have a math puzzle you have made yourself, send that to me - that is another way to take part. (Include the solution, too, please!)

Simply email me and include the puzzle (and source).  I want to collect puzzles and then create a webpage of the BEST MATH PUZZLES for all of us to enjoy. I'm not looking for super difficult puzzles, though - just ones for grades K - 12. You don't need to send me Goldbach's conjecture or the Riemann hypothesis

To get you started, here's one from CoolMath4Kids: Connect the Dots

I've known of that puzzle for a long time and I'm glad I stumbled upon it this morning. It illustrates beautifully the idea of "thinking outside the box"!

Here's one more... it was new to me. Again, you need to think a bit outside the box: Toothpick squares

(And I don't mean I'm only looking for geometric puzzles - these two just happen to be good illustrations.)

Oh, I just have to include this one too!

A clerk in the butcher shop is 5'10" tall. What does he weigh?
(from Genius Test). The answer is #11 on this page.

The prizes

Every participant will be entered into a random drawing where you can win Math Mammoth Blue Series books!

  • 3 people (or more) will receive $25 worth of Blue Series books of their choosing

  • 3 people (or more) will receive $15 worth of Blue Series books of their choosing


It says "or more" because I may choose more than six winners. It depends on how many take part.

The contest runs till February 28! Have fun!
(To get started, you can simply google "math puzzles".)

Sincerely,
Maria

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversion chart for measuring units

Geometric art project: seven-circle flower design

Meaning of factors in multiplication: four groups of 2, or 4 taken two times?